Re: Vertical BIDI

From: Werner LEMBERG (wl@gnu.org)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 00:02:00 CDT

    > > Not sure, but I had understood that bopomofo i (which is just one
    > > stroke) was rotated when vertical.
    >
    > Correct.

    Are you sure about that?

    I've actually never seen plain bopomofo used in vertical text. But if
    bopomofo characters are used as Chinese furigana (to explain the
    pronounciation of a Chinese character), the `i' is *not* rotated in
    vertical text. My feeling is that the `i' still resembles the shape
    of the CJK character for `one', thus it doesn't rotate.

        Werner