Re: Vertical BIDI

From: jcowan@reutershealth.com
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 14:57:25 CDT

    Andrew C. West scripsit:

    > It does ? I thought that the whole point of much of the recent discussion was
    > the uncertainty of how Ogham should be laid out in vertically formatted text,
    > such as when embedded in Mongolian or vertical Chinese.

    What's uncertain is whether a lr or a rl progression is favored, given the
    paucity of evidence. Michael favors lr progression. There is no question
    that the text is read BTT.

    --
    "They tried to pierce your heart                John Cowan
    with a Morgul-knife that remains in the         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan