Re: Vertical BIDI

From: fantasai (fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 00:21:28 CDT

    John Cowan wrote:

    > When Mongolian stands alone, the columns progress from left to right,
    > but when it's mixed with Han, the columns progress from right to left,
    > as is the case with Chinese alone.

    Actually, it depends on which language is the primary language. If the
    primary language is Mongolian, as it is with the Multi-script dictionary [1]
    Martin lent me last year, then the columns progress from left to right.

    [1] http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/discuss/directions/scans/

    ~fantasai

    --
    http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact