Is there a better term than metascript for what I am thinking of?

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 19:22:52 CDT

    It's not an actual attested English word, but the term "metascript"
    comes reasonably close to a concept I would like to express
    in a proposal I am preparing. A "metascript" as I am defining it,
    is a script such as Latin, Cyrillic or Arabic, that has been extended
    from a common core in a wide variety of ways to serve the needs
    of a wide variety of languages. A resulting aspect of metascripts
    is that they contain far more characters than are needed for any
    single use of the script. I find the concept useful in explaining why
    I have made certain decisions in my proposal, but would prefer
    to use a standard term for the concept if there is one.