Re: problems in Public Review 33

From: Ernest Cline (ernestcline@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 20:20:45 CDT

    From: Philippe Verdy

    > Are these permanently assigned non-characters
    > encodable in any UTF or in CESU-8?

    I would say they are. While they are not available
    for transmission of data, they are perfectly legal
    tor internal use. Indeed, such internal use is
    the raison d'etre of the block of non characters
    at FDD0..FDEF An implementation may wish to
    either allow or disallow the transformation of
    non-characters depending upon how it uses
    those codepoints.