Re: Response to Everson Phoenician and why June 7?

From: Trond Trosterud (trond.trosterud@hum.uit.no)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 03:11:11 CDT

    21. mai. 2004 kello 07.30, James Kass kirjoitti:

      As a member of the Latin script user community, I'd not be threatened
    by
    > a separate encoding for Fraktur. I have Fraktur books in my library.
    > Whether I've got their titles stored in my database using Latin
    > characters
    > or abusing math variables is best left to speculation.

    Well, actually, it is left to the search engine that searches through
    your impressive library, looking for books. This means that we need
    either good search engines, consistent librarians, or a very
    conservative policy for encoding (the last opportunity was missed
    already, as we all know).

    Trond.

    Trond Trosterud t +47 7764 4763
    Institutt for språkvitskap, Det humanistiske fakultet m +47 950 70140
    N-9037 Universitetet i Tromsø, Noreg f +47 7764 4239
    Trond.Trosterud (a) hum.uit.no http://www.hum.uit.no/a/trond/