RE: Response to Everson Phoenician and why June 7?

From: Peter Constable (
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 09:53:50 CDT

    > From: []
    On Behalf
    > Of Dean Snyder

    > >That proves nothing at all. In fact, I have a number of Phoenician
    > >fonts using Latin clones to represent Phoenician letters. I have yet
    > >to find a single font with Hebrew encoding and Phoenician glyphs.
    > Where have you looked?

    Dean, the suggestion has been that people want to or are encoding PH
    text using the Hebrew block of Unicode and simply displaying with a font
    that uses PH glyphs for those characters. The burden of proof for this
    is on those making the suggestion. Michael has simply said he has never
    seen such a font. If you want to support the claim, you cannot simply
    question how thoroughly Michael has searched -- it's not his
    responsibility. If you know of such fonts, then please identify them.

    Peter Constable
    Microsoft Windows Division