RE: Response to Everson Phoenician and why June 7?

From: Dean Snyder (dean.snyder@jhu.edu)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 15:01:52 CDT

    Peter Constable wrote at 7:53 AM on Friday, May 21, 2004:

    >Dean, the suggestion has been that people want to or are encoding PH
    >text using the Hebrew block of Unicode and simply displaying with a font
    >that uses PH glyphs for those characters.

    I missed that assertion - who made it?

    >The burden of proof for this
    >is on those making the suggestion. Michael has simply said he has never
    >seen such a font. If you want to support the claim, you cannot simply
    >question how thoroughly Michael has searched -- it's not his
    >responsibility. If you know of such fonts, then please identify them.

    I was responding to Michael's positive assertion that he has "yet to find
    a single font with Hebrew encoding and Phoenician glyphs". The weight of
    that statement is directly proportional to the quality of his search.

    Respectfully,

    Dean A. Snyder

    Assistant Research Scholar
    Manager, Digital Hammurabi Project