Re: Response to Everson Phoenician and why June 7?

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 17:07:40 CDT

    Dean Snyder <dean dot snyder at jhu dot edu> wrote:

    > ... And since Japanese and Fraktur are not separately encoded just
    > because there would be lots of people who would use such an encoding,
    > why would you, on that same faulty basis, support a separate encoding
    > for Phoenician?

    Where are you getting this from?

    You asserted yesterday that "so many people will embrace a new Fraktur
    range." I asserted that there was no such demand. Now you say again
    that lots of people want a separate Fraktur encoding.

    Since you are the one trying to draw an analogy between Phoenician and
    Fraktur, in terms of demand for separate encoding, I think the burden is
    on you to prove that such a demand exists for Fraktur. Otherwise the
    analogy is pointless.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/