Handwriting should not be considered (Re: Response to EversonPhoenician and why June 7?)

From: Pierre Desmarets (pdesmarets@technologist.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 23:23:29 CDT

     Doug Ewell wrote
    >That's handwriting, Patrick.
    I'm a new; so excuse my candid questions.
    Is it that important that this is hanwriting? Isn't Arabic handwriting?
    >I can't read my doctor's handwriting either, but it's unified with Latin.
    I believe this was calligraphy, supposed to be read and recognized...
    I must say I don't understand why all Latin characters in all fonts
    should be recognizable by all English readers.

    --
    P. Desmarets

    .

    .