Re: Multiple Writing Directions in One Script

From: Patrick Andries (Patrick.Andries@xcential.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 18:20:11 CDT

    Michael Everson a écrit :

    > At 14:02 -0700 2004-05-25, Patrick Andries wrote:
    >
    >> I believe is similar to what exists in Old Italic. Please refer to
    >> the Old Italic proposal.
    >

    > Old Italic is no longer a proposal. It has been encoded.

    I know, Michael. But there is still a document called the Old Italic
    Proposal (or whatever it was first called Etruscan, Osque, ...). No
    need to be picky, but helpful.

    Since Dean was looking for the way to address multiple writing
    directions in a proposal, I was suggesting him to read the Old Italic
    Proposal which lead into the encoding of Old Italic. He should find
    language there that should suit him since Old Italic shares similar
    properties. Do you have a pointer to this proposal (your,s I believe) ?
    This would have been helpful, but I see Ken has answered the question
    quite well.

    P. A.