Re: Response to Everson Phoenician and why June 7?

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 04:57:09 CDT

    James Kass wrote:

    >>Obviously "Palaeo-Hebrew" is a modern term; the concept is however a very
    >>old one - just look at the Dead Sea scrolls, turn-of-the-era Jewish
    >>coins, etc., where it is employed in an archaizing way.

    > My pocket change is depressingly modern.

    That needn't be an obstacle to the argument going full circle yet again. Hebrew and
    Palaeo-Hebrew letters occur side-by-side on some modern Israeli coins also. See the
    photography near the bottom of this Typophile discussion:

            http://www.typophile.com/forums/messages/4101/27209.html

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com