RE: PH technical issues (was RE: Why Fraktur is irrelevant

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 17:26:36 CDT

    > From: Peter Kirk [mailto:peterkirk@qaya.org]

    > But I was thinking in
    > terms of tailored collation weights for the Unicode collation
    algorithm.

    And moreover (adding to comments in my previous message), it seems
    *very* likely to me that, on those occasions when the Semitic
    paleographer is going to need to fold characters, they're going to deal
    with it not by UCA tailoring but by converting the Phoenician characters
    (as they would more often with Latin characters) to Hebrew characters.

    Peter

    Peter Constable
    Microsoft Windows Division