Re: Definition of Script etc.

From: D. Starner (shalesller@writeme.com)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 16:50:05 CDT

    Christopher Fynn <cfynn@gmx.net> writes

    > D. Starner wrote:
    >
    > >So are we going to encode the Japanese, Fraktur and Farsi scripts?
    > >Users of those scripts have been told they can just use a different
    > >font.
    > >

    > No - and no one is seriously proposing that these are scripts in the
    > sense used in iso10646.

    I’ve heard Japanese so proposed repeatedly. I’ve also heard, and agree
    with, the arguments that IPA is a script in the sense used in iso10646.
    It’s just not as simple that every script that is seriously proposed
    should be accepted.

    Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
    http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm