Re: testing Indic languages in UTF8

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 13:18:58 CDT

    Some of the information on the site does not entirely inspire confidence, or maybe it's just
    outdated. Quote from the FAQ (http://acharya.iitm.ac.in/faq.html):

    <quote>
    Q: I am a designer of fonts for Indian scripts. Will the new Windows editor be able to use my fonts?

    A: Yes, if you give if free to others.

        When you design your fonts, try to follow the ISO Latin 8859-01 encoding. This way, you will be
    able to give fonts for the Windows, Unix and Mac at the same time. Avoid UNICODE encoding if you can
    help it since font conversions to other formats are difficult.
    </quote>

    markus

    --
    Opinions expressed here may not reflect my company's positions unless otherwise noted.