Re: Bantu click letters

From: Patrick Andries (Patrick.Andries@xcential.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 10:49:00 CDT

    Patrick Andries a écrit :

    > Michael Everson a écrit :
    >
    >> Practice your tongue-twisting.
    >>
    >> Proposal to add Bantu phonetic click characters to the UCS
    >> http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/n2790-clicks.pdf
    >>
    >> :-P
    >

    > Are these letters used in any other book than Doke's book on Kalahari
    > Bushmen ?
    >
    > P. A.
    >
    > [PA] I don't think I got a direct answer on these non Bantu clik
    > symbols being used in any other book.

    If these symbols are indeed used in a single book and by a single
    author, I would put them in the PUA, I don't see any interchange
    requirement to do otherwise. If letters unique to an author may now be
    encoded in Unicode, I have many to propose to the enabling technology
    that Unicode is and people will be free to use them or not.

    P.A.