RE: Bantu click letters

From: Mike Ayers (mike.ayers@tumbleweed.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 19:33:02 CDT

            ...because none of them have ever been used as characters? Really,
    I'm quite surprised at having to mention this distinction.

            I don't think "all I want to do is reprint the book" is a reasonable
    constraint upon future usage. Reprinting the book brings with it the
    potential for its special characters to gain currency, even if only in the
    context of discussing the book.

    > > I'm not
    > > even sure you can trust a commissioned font to be
    > installable on the operating
    > > systems of the next few decades.

            Font support has only improved with time. What causes you to
    foresee a sharp reversal?

    /|/|ike