Re: Processing of default ignorable code points

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 16:11:05 CDT

    On 05/08/2004 21:54, Asmus Freytag wrote:

    >> This has some quite serious implication for processing of texts
    >> including ZW(N)J, variation selectors etc.
    >

    > How these characters are treated is important, but there isn't as much
    > of an issue here as you make it out to be. ...

    Thank you for the clarification, mostly snipped to save bandwidth. This
    confirms what I had thought, that the issue is not in fact serious. An
    objection had been made to my Holam proposal using ZWNJ that it implied
    that the two Holams could not be distinguished even in a tailored
    collation, but I am glad that that objection doesn't stand up.

    But I think this does mean that the words "by default" ought to be added
    to the following on TUS p.111:

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)