Re: sign for anti-neutrino - greek nu with diacritical line aboveworkaround ?

From: Hannes Mayer (h.mayer@inode.at)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 06:29:16 CDT

    Peter Jacobi wrote:
    > Hi Hannes,
    >
    > That is not a Mozilla defect at all. It's a font problem. Testing with
    > Mozilla 1.7, ν̄ displays a fine Anti-Neutrino sign.
    >
    > Mozilla does some sort of automatic font discovery to select a font which
    > can display a particular character. The downside of this is, that I can't
    > really state, which font is used to display this character.
    >
    > Testing with Wordpad, it seems that at least Code 2000, SIL Doulos and
    > Legendum can display the anti-neutrino sign.

    Thank you very much Doug and Peter!

    Peter,

    did you test it on Linux or on Windows ?

    I just discovered that it works on Linux/Mozilla (Fedora2) in the opposite order
    ̄ν
    if I don't specify any font in the html document.
    As soon as I specify a certain font, the macron is displayed on the right or left
    again. That is strange. (below is an example with all combinations)

    Thank you again!

    Best regards,
    Hannes.

    <head>
    <title></title>
    .cc { font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal; }
    </head>
    TEST- &#x0304;&#x03BD; -TEST
    TEST- &#x03BD;&#x0304; -TEST