Re: Arabic Implementation

From: Nitin Kapoor (nitinkapooro@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 00:41:59 CDT

    Dear Chris,

    Thanks for your response, so what you are suggesting is that the Unicode
    does not change but only the display glyph should change right.

    Currently, the implementation I am following is that once the user types in
    a particular key say: 0x0622 , I look for the joining type of the character
    and then on the basis of the joining type of the character and its neighbors
      I look up the Display form of the current character in Presentation form B
    and then I ask my Display Module to display the glyph matching to this
    Presentation form (Unicode).

    If I donˇ¦t use the Unicode values of Arabic presentation form B then how
    will my display know which particular glyph to display? using the Unicode
    values of presentation form B makes this easier but then the original
    Unicode changes.

    I am sorry but I am a bit confused with what to display and what Unicode to
    store, your comments would be really help full.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Nitin

    Looking for a soulmate? http://www.shaadi.com/ptnr.php?ptnr=hmltag Log onto
    Shaadi.com.