Re: MSDN Article, Second Draft

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 06:05:17 CDT

    Jungshik Shin écrivit:
    >> Except in some UNIX operating systems and specialized applications
    >> with specific needs,
    >
    > Note that ISO C 9x specifies that wchar_t be UTF-32/UCS-4 when
    > __STDC_ISO_10646__ is defined.

    This is of course very pedantic (I do not believe there are existing
    implementations that do it), but to be exact, UCS-2 and 16-bit encoding may
    be used for wchar_t, while __STDC_ISO_10646__ is #defined. It is just
    required to be a value below 200112L (date of first version, here -2 part,
    of ISO/IEC 10646 that defines a character beyond BMP, the equivalent of TUS
    3.0.1)

    Antoine