Re: Sample of german -burg abbreviature

From: Philipp Reichmuth (reichmuth@web.de)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 12:41:41 CST

    Johannes Bergerhausen schrieb:
    >> Note the fancy >>semi-cyrillic<< shape of the breve between the letters
    >> b and g -- it is quite typical for this cartographic font.
    >
    > The font is called Kursivschrift from the Bayerisches Landesvermessungsamt
    > from 1967. I found it in the Berthold Types catalogue from 1988.

    The "font"? Are you sure that the text is typeset at all? Looks pretty
    handwritten to me, not surprising in a 1972 map. If I remember
    correctly, the sign is derived from a small superscript "u" (as in
    "burg" vs. "berg").

    > There is an italic and a very strange reclining (rückwärtsliegend) Font.

    Do they contain a zero-width superscript breve glyph? Or any breve
    glyph at all

    Philipp