Re: internationalisation assumption

From: Stefan Persson (alsjebegrijptwatikbedoel@yahoo.se)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 09:05:25 CST

    Philippe Verdy wrote:
    > in addition, French
    > keyboards typically never include a key to enter these ligatures, which are
    > only entered with "assisted" word processors with on-the-fly
    > autocorrection

    In that case, I'd recommend French people to use my Swedish Linux
    keyboard which *does* contain the œ ligature. For Swedish people, the œ
    ligature fills a much smaller usage; it's only used by Swedes who need
    to write documents in French, or use English transcriptions of ancient
    Greek names such as Œdipus.

    Stefan