Re: How to pass unicode value for yahoo search.

From: Marjan Parsa (parsa@maruko.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 14:28:07 CST

    "Shiv Kumar" <Shiv.Kumar@pivotal.com> writes:

    > For search for ansii character 'a' we write
    > "http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=%61"; from our C++ code. How to
    > pass unicode value in in this search

    Here's one way that seems to work: enter the hex value of the UTF-8
    encoded bytes and specify that it's in UTF-8. This is what I got when I
    typed in the character a with an acute accent (unicode value 00E1) into
    the search box.

    http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%C3%A1&ei=UTF-8

    That's assuming you're ok with using the UTF-8 value.

    Marjan