Re: UTF-8 stress test file?

From: Theodore H. Smith (delete@elfdata.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 10:46:37 CST

    Thanks Phillippe,

    > in that file, all UTF-8 sequences with 5 bytes or more are invalid
    > (they are not "boundary cases").

    Thanks.

    > So the list of "impossible bytes" is longer than documented there.

    Is it just a case of moving the boundary cases into the impossible
    bytes? Or are there impossible bytes that simply aren't in the file?

    > - the file mixes UTF-8 and UTF-16

    Does this file mix UTF-8 and UTF-16? I thought it just had surrogates
    encoded into UTF-8? Of course a surrogate should never exist in UTF-8.

    --
         Theodore H. Smith - Software Developer.
         http://www.elfdata.com