RE: bit notation in ISO-8859-x is wrong

From: Hohberger, Clive (CHohberger@zebra.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 12:08:21 CST

    Mike,
    I agree with you... almost.. I think that AD and BC are really ordinal numbers, which denote relative position in a series from a 1-origin point. I thought "1 AD" really stands for "primo anno domine" (pardon my forgotten Latin) or "first year of our lord".

    Cardinal numbers denote quantity, and may be negative or zero as well as positive.
    Clive
    Clive P Hohberger, PhD
    Corporate VP, Technology Development
       & Director of Patent Affairs