Re: not font designers?

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 01:00:20 CST

    E. Keown <k underscore isoetc at yahoo dot com> wrote:

    > Supposedly this list has >600 people.
    >
    > Just of curiosity, how many of you are NOT font
    > designers?

    I contributed about 200 or 250 glyphs to the bitmapped font built into
    SC UniPad, but on no account does that make me a "font designer," much
    less a real typographer.

    > And are any of your corpus linguists, text database
    > people, or maybe database designers?

    I'm a software developer who periodically deals with
    internationalization issues. I've developed and maintained numerous
    text databases. I have a hobbyist's level of expertise in linguistics
    and writing systems, and a decent understanding of coding issues. I am
    not a "linguist" or a "script expert."

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/