Re: Different Indic strings due to presence of ZWJ...

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 08:55:20 CST

    The ZWJ and ZWNJ are normally ignored in collation (including matching and
    searching), you'll see that if you look at the data for the Unicode
    Collation Algorithm.

    However, this raises any interesting issue. There are a few particular
    sequences where there is a semantic difference caused by the presence of
    this character. Those should be added to the collation sequences in the
    Unicode CLDR database (www.unicode.org/cldr/)

    ‎Mark