RE: not font designers?

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 01:48:30 CST

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org]
    On
    > Behalf Of Doug Ewell

    > I stated months ago, back when the Hebrew/Phoenician topic was
    occupying
    > 99.9% of list traffic...

    Why are we revisiting this? Do we want that topic to occupy 99.9% of
    list traffic yet again?

    > This is the last I will have to say on encoding Phoenician separately
    > vs. unifying it with Hebrew.

    I hope others will follow your example.

    > I had not intended to write about that
    > subject at all, only to address the bogus "font designer" argument.

    If that was the purpose of the question, it most certain is a non
    sequitor.

    BTW, for the record, among other things, I do design fonts (though I
    wouldn't say I do type design).

    Peter Constable