Re: [africa] Unicode & IDNs

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2004 - 15:30:59 CST

    On 11/11/2004 03:29, Christopher Fynn wrote:

    > Peter Kirk wrote:
    >
    >> Strangely enough, it works today, after rebooting and restarting
    >> Mozilla. Perhaps Mozilla has picked up the Verisign plug-in for IE.
    >> Or perhaps there is some other subtle setting which has changed itself.
    >

    > I don't have the VeriSign plug in for IE installed so it can't be that..
    > Maybe it was a glitch in your DNS server?

    Not in the DNS server. The problem was that the browser was looking for
    http://www.%c9%99%c9%9b.net/ rather than http://www.əɛ.net/, in other
    words exactly the same problem as Otto found with Netscape 6.2. The
    clipboard contained http://www.%c9%99%c9%9b.net/, as both Unicode text
    and basic plain text. There was obviously a problem in how Mozilla
    copied this address to the clipboard.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)