Re: Opinions on this Java URL?

From: Norbert Lindenberg (Norbert.Lindenberg@Sun.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 12:20:31 CST

    Thank you for your feedback. Adding a warning to the description in
    DataInput sounds like a good idea. In the meantime, if somebody wants
    to use modified UTF-8 outside the Java context, please point them to

    Unfortunately, since this encoding is widely used within the Java
    context, we can not deprecate it.

    Best regards,
    Java Internationalization