[increasingly OT] Re: Unicode HTML, download

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 20:54:34 CST

    "fantasai" <fantasai dot lists at inkedblade dot net> wrote:

    >> My recommendations would be to:
    >>
    >> (1) Use XHTML
    >
    > Unless you're sending with a proper XHTML mimetype, you should be
    > using HTML 4.01 Strict.
    >
    > http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml

    Much of this document revolves around the point that XHTML authors tend
    not to run their work through a validator, which then tends to contain
    undetected errors that lead to structural and portability problems, and
    if you are one of the VERY FEW who run your code through a validator
    then this probably doesn't apply to you.

    This is a validation problem, not an "XHTML is broken" problem.

    If anyone has trouble reading my all-XHTML, all-validated pages, using
    any reasonably modern browser, please let me know off-list.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/