[Fwd: Re: Re: Relationship between Unicode and 10646]]

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 07:01:19 CST

    -------- Message original --------
    Sujet: Re: Re: Relationship between Unicode and 10646]
    Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:17:34 +0100
    De: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p@wanadoo.fr>

    From: "Patrick Andries" <hapax@iquebec.com>
    > Enfin, je ne suis plus si sûr que les sociétés américaines considèrent
    > encore
    > Unicode comme quelque chose de stratégique, il s'agit surtout d'efforts
    > individuels
    > de la part de techniciens passionés dans ces entreprises, passionnés qu'on
    > laisse
    > encore faire sans doute parce que cela crée un bon capital de sympathie
    > multiculturel.

    [PA] This was extracted from a longer and private message to Philippe.
    It is out of context here. Unicode is still strategic, the new scripts
    may be less so to the major software companies although major software
    companies will most probably not be able to ignore the new versions of
    Unicode which will contain more than simply new rare scripts.

    Anyways, this was a private discussion. Thanks, Philippe. Will teach me.

    P. A.