From: Asmus Freytag (
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 14:50:42 CST

  • Next message: Clark Cox: "Re: Ideograph?!?"

    >Wachs-tube (growth tube)

    Not the common reading of this. However, a "growth tube" or "growing tube"
    might be an implement in some specialized context. But note that such
    compounds might also be formed with 'Wuchs-', perhaps even preferentially so.

    Therefore, reading 'Wachs-' as "wax", as Otto pointed out, is probably better.


    PS: If you search for this word and pair it with "Wachs", you will see a
    long list of sites discussing Wachs-tube vs Wachstube.

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Mon Nov 29 2004 - 14:54:50 CST