Re: Ideograph?!?

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 17:53:54 CST

    At 02:14 PM 11/29/2004, Kenneth Whistler wrote:
    >By the way, Google is your friend. If you want to get
    >information about such things, googling for it is a
    >good way to start. I suggest reading:
    >
    >http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Chinese%20writing%20system

    As Richard Cook has pointed out, the definitions that are
    used in the Unicode Standard are not always identical to
    the ones for more general use.

    A good source for the former is the Unicode glossary

    http://www.unicode.org/glossary/

    A./

    PS: You should probably read Chapters 2 and 12 of the Unicode
    Standard as well.