Re: ISO 15924 update

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 00:40:41 CST

    Philippe Verdy <verdy underscore p at wanadoo dot fr> wrote:

    > Why keeping two lines for Ethiopic? Both remain marked as NC (Name
    > Changed), only the date making the difference (its script codes are
    > unchanged)...
    > Same thing for Tai Le...

    The Registrar is keeping a complete history of changes. Ethiopic had a
    name change in May, and another one (French only) in October. Tai Le
    was added in May, and had a name change (hyphen added, French only
    again) in October. All four of these transactions are recorded, as they
    should be.

    Note that Tai Lue also has two change records, the latest to indicate
    its name change to New Tai Lue (both English and French).

    > In addition, which are the recent changes (in 2005?).

    The announcement did say that the new changes were dated 2004-10-25 (for
    whatever reason). There are no changes dated 2005.

    I admit I would find it easier to track the 15924 change history if the
    records were sorted by date descending then code ascending, like the ISO
    639 change history, instead of code ascending then date ascending. A
    minor quibble.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/