Re: Forms for invisible ZWJ (and ZWNJ)

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 07:02:46 CST

    Vinod,

    ZWJ is an invisible letter. However, there *are* fonts in the world made for
    test purposes that depict some Unicode characters differently from their
    intended use. For example, non-spacing diacritical marks in these fonts are
    spacing, and show the accents over or under a dotted circle. In these fonts,
    control characters and characters such as ZWJ are visible as well. The
    purpose of these fonts is to provide some "placebo" visual representation to
    concepts that in reality are supposed to be invisible. Because it is
    sometimes difficult to explain to people the different between air and air.

    Adam