Re: IDN spoofing

From: Erik van der Poel (erik@vanderpoel.org)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 19:27:07 CST

    VeriSign folks:

    I seem to have written something that might upset someone again. I am
    really sorry. You guys have done a lot of good work and put a lot of
    information on your Web site regarding IDN. A lot of it is educational
    in nature, and a lot of it seems to indicate that you have sound
    policies in place.

    http://verisign.com/products-services/naming-and-directory-services/naming-services/internationalized-domain-names/index.html

    It was unfair of me to accuse you (and other TLD operators) of only
    wanting to make money (and not being interested in the phishing problem).

    I apologize, and hope that you will send comments to one or both of
    these mailing lists when you're ready.

    Respectfully,

    Erik