Re: IDN spoofing

From: Gregg Reynolds (unicode@arabink.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 01:30:00 CST

    Simon Montagu wrote:
    > Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
    >
    >> I've thought about getting ɯoɔ.com for similar reasons...
    >>
    >> And of course, there's always plenty of room to play around with such
    >> things on the subdomain level, like having əլɓooɓ.google.com be an
    >> upside-down version of the page.
    >

    > I expect you've come across elgooG: http://elgoog.rb-hosting.de/index.cgi
    >
    > AFAICT they do that the hard way by passing the content through a script
    > which reverses all the texts. It could be done much more easily with the
    > CSS unicode-bidi property ;-)

    What a hoot! You've gotta love the web for the sheer silliness it
    brings out. Which in my opinion is very good reason not to go overboard
    with the IDN policing.

    It's only a matter of time until an entire "inverted web" begins to appear:

    tr/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\.!\?,;'/ɐqɔpəɟɓɥᴉſʞլɯuodbɹsʇnʌʍxʎz˙¡¿‘؛ˌ/

    How long with it be until a font maker makes a special 'turned' font so
    the ʍʍʍ looks pretty?

    I'm not so crazy about the j and l; maybe we should make a proposal? :)

    -g