Re: E0000 Language Tags for Archaic Greek Alphabets

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 11:24:37 CST

    On 28/02/2005 16:20, Doug Ewell wrote:

    >RTL directionality can't be implemented using the code points for an LTR
    >script like Greek, unless you use directional overrides, which defeats
    >the whole purpose of coding them distinctly.

    Nor can it be implemented using PUA code points, again unless you use
    directional overrides, which defeats any advantage of using the PUA over
    the existing Greek code points with a font change. So, that would be my
    recommended approach: use the Greek code points with directional
    override and choose a font with the required archaic letter shapes.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)