RE: Unicode's Mandate

From: Jon Hanna (jon@hackcraft.net)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 04:53:07 CST

    > I believe Unicode's mandate is to go from:
    >
    > POINT A:
    > Multilingual computing is a complete mess

    > POINT B:
    > Multilingual computing is a completely predictable,
    > standardized, coherent, unified system.

    You're wrong.
    You also have a bad idea of how to create flexible, robust standards that
    can adapt to changes in need or the authors' understanding of the problems.

    I blame Victorinox for inventing the Swiss Army Knife.

    Regards,
    Jon Hanna
    Work: <http://www.selkieweb.com/>
    Play: <http://www.hackcraft.net/>