Re: Serbian-Latin "sh" alias and ISO-639-1 within CLDR

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 19:06:34 CST

    At 17:03 -0800 2005-03-14, Mark Davis wrote:
    >"sh" was fairly widely used that way, so for backwards compatibility we've
    >maintained that. Our recommendation, as I have stated, is to use sr-Latn.

    What does that mean? You should use sr-Latn for Serbian in Latin
    (which is rare). You should use sr-Cyrl for Serbian in Cyrillic
    (which is common). You should use hr-Latin for Croatian in Latin
    (which is common). You should use hr-Cyrl for Croatian in Cyrillic
    (which is rare). Let us ignore Bosnian for now. You should only use
    "sh" when you mean Serbo-Croatian, which might be Latn or Cyrl.