Re: Security Issues

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 20:19:25 CST

    Erik van der Poel a écrit :

    > Peter Kirk wrote:
    >
    >> I also note a wide range of which Unicode characters are used for the
    >> apostrophe in the various languages, but that is an issue for those
    >> who coded the texts (for some of them, it is me).
    >

    > It may also become an issue for those writing the specs for IDNs and
    > maybe even the base spec, Stringprep. Would you please list the
    > codepoints of the apostrophes that you are aware of?

    To complement Peter's list. There is also U+02BC, I suppose this is what
    should be used in Navajo/Navaho to represent its glottal stop, but what
    I've seen on the web does not use this character (e.g.
    http://www.christusrex.org/www1/pater/JPN-navajo.html).

    Note the high frequency of the apostrophe in this page, also if one
    looks at the start of the Gospel of John in navaho here
    (http://www.worldscriptures.org/pages/navajo.html). Twenty-eight
    apostrophes in 8 verses, which corresponds to several thousand in the
    whole gospel.

    P..A