RE: Re: Security Issues:  Navajo

From: Jon Hanna (jon@hackcraft.net)
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 15:57:11 CST

    > So what? Are you suggesting that the French keyboards should
    > be updated to generate a true apostrophe when striking the [4
    > ' { ] key, so that most texts will now contain the correct
    > character?

    No, because there are contexts where U+0027, U+2018, U+2032 or other
    characters should be produced.

    What we need is some sort of machine that can manipulate characters encoded
    as numbers and do some sort of computation to produce other characters.
    Given the need for computation in this process I suggest we call such
    machines "computers".

    Regards,
    Jon Hanna
    Work: <http://www.selkieweb.com/>