Re: Unicode coming to Quark XPress

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 10:55:00 CST

    On 28/03/2005 19:24, Michael Everson wrote:

    > See http://www.publish.com/article2/0,1759,1766264,00.asp
    >
    > If true, I for one will be one very happy Quark user.

    "in the initial release it will not be possible for users to define
    lists of which alternate fonts it should use for substitution"

    I'm not sure if you will remain a happy user for very long with this
    one, at least unless its automatic choice of alternative fonts is a lot
    more intelligent than that of many current Windows programs.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)