Re: wiki?

From: Tom Emerson (tree@basistech.com)
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 08:24:57 CST

    Donald Z. Osborn writes:
    > I wanted to pick up on Neil's suggestion of Mediawiki to ask about other Unicode
    > savvy (can I still say that?) wiki software. I'm aware that Zwiki and
    > Purplewiki support UTF-8. PmWiki is easy to set up, but mangled some test lines
    > with extended Latin characters. Are there other recommendations? I haven't
    > managed to find a good current review of wikis, let alone one that focuses on
    > multilingual capacities and unicode support.

    MoinMoin, http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/, supports UTF-8 and is easy
    to set-up. Visually it doesn't compare to MediaWiki, though this is
    improving. We've been using it internally at Basis Technology and have
    been happy.

        -tree

    Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com