Re: Security Issues

From: vlad (emperor.vlad@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 15:50:59 CST

    > Below that in the plaintext file are the "FOR REVIEW" characters. I ask that
    > people also review that list, and respond back with any characters that are
    > needed for words in modern languages, that is, that should be moved up into
    > the "WORD CHARACTERS ADDED" list. Unless we hear otherwise, these may end up
    > being excluded from domain names.

    L WITH MIDDLE TILDE is used orthographically in Kobon. R WITH TAIL is
    used orthographically in several Sudanese languages. (see
    http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC2/WG2/docs/n2847.pdf, where the capital
    equivalents are proposed)
    BILABIAL CLICK, DENTAL CLICK, LATERAL CLICK, ALVEOLAR CLICK, RETROFLEX
    CLICK, INVERTED GLOTTAL STOP, STRETCHED C, and TURNED T are used to
    write African languages with click consonants (see
    http://www.bisharat.net/Documents/poal30.htm). They should also be
    used for writing names from those languages in English and other
    languages (like !Xóõ, the name of a language famed for its large
    number of consonants, and N!xau, the name of the star of the movie The
    Gods Must Be Crazy). In practice, punctuation marks are often used
    instead where a similar looking one is available.
    KIP SIGN is being used to write Sencoten on one site
    (http://www.languagegeek.com/salishan/sencoten.html), but K +
    COMBINING SHORT STROKE OVERLAY on another
    (http://www.firstvoices.ca/).