Re: Security Issues

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 16:49:19 CST

    Mark Davis a écrit :

    >>There was comparatively little urgency with regard to the speakers of
    >>German, Polish, Kobon, and Sencoten, who are already familiar with the
    >>Latin script but require letters that aren't available in non-IDN domain
    >>names. They had gotten along with Basic Latin approximations for years,
    >>and were largely expected to continue to do so. Domain names, after
    >>all, are not usually expected to be linguistically perfect.

    The important word here is « comparatively » to non-Latin scripts.

    It is quite annoying to have linguistically near perfect English domain
    names but far less perfect Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, and French
    ones.

    « Go to our site "L'Humanité dot fr", remember with no apostrophe and no
    accent.»

    P. A.