RE: Sindhi characters proposed

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 22:48:04 CST

    > From: unicore-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicore-bounce@unicode.org]
    On
    > Behalf Of Michael Everson

    > There is no cause for us to add to its complexity. In any case not
    > only could BA + IMP + U or BA + U + IMP occur and cause confusion...

    Confusion, and complication for implementations. Because a combining
    mark *could* occur in lots of ways other than what we really want, I
    (and others building Devanagari implementations) would have to sort out
    what rendering implementations should do in the event that such
    unnecessary sequences do occur. That would add considerably to the cost
    of implementation.

    Please, keep it simple. Encode the four characters proposed.

    Peter Constable