RE: String name and Character Name

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 10:52:34 CST

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org]
    On Behalf
    > Of Peter Kirk

    > It is not my position that these names should be corrected, because I
    > know that they cannot be. My position is that these garbage names
    should
    > not be used, and that an alternative set be used instead. The
    difference
    > may be small, but I am explicitly accepting the Unicode stability
    > policy, and trying to find a way to work around it.

    You must qualify the statement: you want alternative names to be used,
    but in what context? If you leave it general, then that includes use
    within the Standard, implying effectively that the names are changed in
    the Standard. That doesn't appear to be what you mean, but you have left
    this unclear.

    Peter Constable